Friday, July 6, 2012

Versatile Blogger Award

Hello lovely readers! I hope your weekends are off to a great start :)

I wanted to give a huge THANK YOU to Kelly's Nail Blog for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award. If you haven't yet found her blog, I suggest you check it out NOW. She has great manis and swatches over at her blog.


The rules for this are: 
1. Nominate 15 fellow bloggers who are relatively new to blogging.
2. Let them know that you have nominated them.
3. Share 7 random facts about yourself.
4. Thank the bloggers who have nominated you.
5. Add the Versatile Blogger Award picture to your post.

I had to do a bit of homework to find 15 bloggers who are new (or relatively new, anyway) to blogging, but I accomplished it lol. Here they are: 

7 facts about myself:
1. I am Mexican, but am always told I look Indian/Arabian. People are shocked when I start speaking Spanish lol 
2. Even though I am Latina, and apparently, Latinos are born with the ability to dance to anything, I am a HORRIBLE dancer. Honestly, I have no rhythm. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad lol. Especially because my boyfriend is a fantastic dancer (he was even in a salsa team!)
3. Even though I was born in the US, I did not learn to speak English until I was 8 years old. Apparently, I refused to learn because I wanted to go live in Mexico and somehow thought that I would accomplish that goal by not learning English lol. 
4. I am incredibly shy. It's actually a bit crippling to be honest, but I'm trying to manage
5. I have my master's degree in Marriage and Family Therapy :) 
6. I LOVE to bake, but rarely eat what I bake lol. I simply like the process, but I do not have a sweet tooth at all
7. I have a 7 month old niece who is the love of my life. Isn't she the cutest! 

Again, a huge thanks to Kelly's Nail Blog for the award. Thank you for reading and now go check out her blog lol


8 comments:

  1. Your niece is a doll!! I found you through Kelly and started following. :) I love baking too, but unfortunately I do have a sweet tooth. Lol congrats on your award!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The entire family is absolutely in love with her lol

      My family is the one who always ends up enjoying my baking efforts. I am more of a chip person :)

      I also found you through Kelly's blog lol. Thanks for following!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the nomination, Marta. And oh my goodness, your niece is such a cutie! I don't speak Spanish, but I had a college friend who almost began speaking Spanish to me when she first met me. I too have been mistaken as Middle Eastern though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your very welcome :) And we all think she is just gorgeous, but of course we are biased lol.

      Isn't it interesting? I've had people speak to me in Punjabi (and other languages that I do not know the name of) and I just stare blankly because I have no idea what they are saying lol.

      Delete
  3. Wow thank you for nominating me! Your niece is the cutest girl I have ever seen! You must really spoil her, I know I would haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very, very welcome :)

      Thank you! We all spoil her like crazy! She is the first baby of the family, and my family is baby crazy lol.

      Delete
  4. Oi flor,adorei o blog e ja estou te seguindo,me siga de volta...
    wwwunhasdesenhadas.blogspot.com
    bjuss
    Larissa Calvo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't understand that language lol. But I think I get your drift :)

      Delete