Monday, October 15, 2012

Nails Inc. Sweets Way

Hello lovely people! If you remember my last post, you know that I recently got my hands on my very first Nails Inc. polish, Sweets Way, for the unbelievable price of 19 cents. Sweets Way is from their Special Effects line and it is a lovely milky base with blue, pink and silver glitter. Without further ado, here it is:

Base coat: Seche Clear
3 coats of Sweets Way
Top coat: Seche Vite

This beauty was a joy to work with and only took 3 coats for full opacity. Each coat of polish added subdues the glitter from the previous coat, giving the polish a jelly sandwich type of look (at least in my opinion). It is a very thirsty glitter, so I would recommend more than one layer of top coat. But it is so gorgeous, that didn't matter in the least. I am tempted to go out and get the other polishes in the Special Effects line :)

Thanks for reading!

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It really is! I love that the glitter is subdued, it gives it a more subtle look :)

      Delete
  2. I almost.... ALMOST picked this up at Sephora! I put it back...What was I thinking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate when that happens! I'm totally glad that I picked this one up, it is so pretty :)

      Delete
  3. really eyecatching! i love it :)

    vickyhoang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just went to peek through your blog, and I have to say it looks amazing! I can't wait to read more of it :)

      Delete
  4. That is such a pretty colour!

    http://confessionsofacanadianwallflower.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! People seemed to love it for sure, I received a ton of compliments :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It is most definitely amazing! I'm so happy I was able to get my hands on it :)

      Delete
  6. I saw this at Sephora and I spent forever trying to decide whether I should get it or Pudding Lane. I ended up getting Pudding Lane because I love blues but this is really pretty too. I might just have to go back to Sephora to get it! I'll wait until I use Pudding Lane first maybe to see if I like the formula and wear time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I got about five days of wear time before I got a tiny chip on one of my nails. I was definitely tempted to get Pudding Lane, but they are a little pricey (at least for my budget lol)

      Delete
  7. These are lovely. Look the cupcake theme, would make nice stocking fillers!

    ReplyDelete