Monday, October 1, 2012

Water marble featuring Lacey Lilac and Exceptionally Gifted

Hello lovely people! I know it's been a while, but things have been pretty busy around here. One of the things that kept me pretty busy was my aunt's baby shower! I LOVE babies and anything baby-related lol. I knew I had to do something soft and girly for this baby shower so I settled on a water marble.

(artificial light)
Base coat: Essie fill the gap!
Base color: 2 coats of Exceptionally Gifted by China Glaze (I picked this polish up for 50 cents people!!!)
Water marble: Exceptionally Gifted by China Glaze and Lacey Lilac by Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear
Top Coat: Seche Vite

I tried to do a flower pattern on all my nails, and for the most part, I think I did pretty well. I will of course continue practicing to get better, but not too bad for my first attempt at this pattern. 

After I finished, I looked at my nails and couldn't help thinking that something was missing. So I immediately went to grab my NYC Matte me Crazy topcoat. And this is the final result: 


(shaded sunlight)

(artificial light)

I love it! It is so girly and soft and perfect for a baby shower! What do you guys think? Are you a fan of matte top coats? I totally overuse mine :/

Thanks for reading!

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Isn't it?! I love pink and purple together :)

      Delete
  2. I love it! That's your FIRST time??? And I totally overuse my matte topcoat too =P I dunno how I'll survive when I finish it ;_;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've done water marbles before, but had never attempted an actual uniform pattern before. This was my first time attempting to get a flower shape on all of my nails. Far from perfect, but good enough for me lol

      Delete
  3. This is soo cute! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That is why I love water marbles, the result always seems so creative :)

      Delete
  4. nice! the marbles are so pretty!!
    -saranail.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog and i love all your manis. I've seen such great results from this technique. Yours is very pretty and girly. I see you got a matte top coat from NYC. Do you know where i could find that? I think i want to try it out! Thanks!! I'm on my phone, but i will follow your blog when i get on a computer. :)

    Toni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you're very sweet :) I have seen the NYC Matte Me Crazy at my local Rite Aid and Kmart. We don't have a CVS here, so I don't know if they carry it. I hope you are able to find it :)

      Delete
  6. This is such a cute design!! And perfect for a baby shower!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LUV LUV LUV this mani!!! Looks Stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) Everyone seemed to enjoy them. I keep meaning to try this design out with bolder colors, but always forget lol. I need to get on it!

      Delete
  8. I am so jealous. I have tried and tried and can't get water marble manis to look like that. The polish always dries too fast on the water. I have tried everything and nothing is working.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That same problem almost discouraged me at first too. But I'm a very stubborn person lol so I kept trying. My problem was the polishes I was using. I have found Sally Hansen, China Glaze and Zoya work very well :)

      Delete